One of my favourite questions: “If you knew you couldn’t fail, what would you choose to do with your life?”
- Become a millionaire
- Captain your country to World Cup victory
- Release a best-selling album
But these are all pretty superficial, because they’re all focussed on you. Get your eyes off yourself, and onto the world around you. Listen to your heart. Deep down, what’s the contribution you would love to make to this world, if you knew you couldn’t fail…?
- Run a youth club to engage with all the kids on your estate
- Bring about a lasting peace in the Middle East
- Find a clean energy source that brings global peace and averts environmental catastrophe
Dream big. And then act small. Recognise the fear of failure that’s holding you back. And then get on with doing the things that God has placed on your heart. If you knew you couldn’t fail, what would you do with your life? Maybe that’s something God is calling you to work on…
Mark Williamson works as a director of One Rock. He’s a lay preacher and leader within the Methodist Church, author of a biography on John Wesley, and has a biography on William Wilberforce coming out in summer 2014. He enjoys good films, good food, praying for London, and going for long walks with his wife Joanna.