A one year journey equipping you to lead a remarkable story
A one year experience that will deepen your spiritual life, clarify your vision, sharpen your leadership and broaden your network. It runs from October 2019 to July 2020 and combines training content, personalised coaching and supportive community.
60 hours of content, covering the best training available on spiritual formation, discerning vision and leadership skills. These concepts are then applied to the lives of Jesus, of biblical characters and of missionary leaders from history, to see how they lived them out.
Ten coaching conversations, so one per month, with an older and more experienced leader, helping you to apply to your life all the concepts you will learn. Our coaches are successful Christian leaders drawn from business, the church and the charity sectors.
Eight evening community gatherings over the year, providing encouragement, accountability, advice and prayer. Members can also join the wider London alumni community, and a global alumni of community of leaders from different cities around the world.
The Academy is ideal for missionary entrepreneurs; for business owners, church planters, social entrepreneurs, youth workers, artists, political activists – for people leading or pioneering Kingdom ventures.
Who will benefit the most?
People in their mid 20s to mid 40s
- Entrepreneurs and people leading start ups
- Leaders in church and non-profits
- People who have lost their ‘mojo’ in life and work, those who hit the wall
- People struggling to adapt to change
- Those trying to discern their vision
- Those in need of structure and support
- People longing for vibrant community
- People who may be dis-engaged with their role or disillusioned about their calling
Our Leadership model
Following Jesus as our ultimate model
One Rock provides a leadership curriculum that covers the key skills required of leaders, within a framework of studying the unique values that Jesus brought to the subject. Subjects covered include:
- Christian Leadership
- Strategic Planning
- Time Management
- The Team Life Cycle
- Building High Performance Teams
- Coaching Skills
- Giving Feedback
The leadership of Jesus and some of the Remarkable Lives of missional history are studied in reference to the skills above. We also study and discuss leadership teaching from writers including John Maxwell, Jim Collins, Stephen Covey, Simon Sinek, Patrick Lencioni and many others.
The insights from the PEAKS profile also help individuals to understand and build on their own personal leadership strengths.
Our Discerning Vision model
Creating a personal vision statement and mission statement
One Rock has created a unique tool for helping people to discern God’s vision for their lives. We call this the Vision Telescope. It consists of looking at vision through four different lenses through which God speaks to us:
We use this process, alongside the personality revelations from the PEAKS profile, to help Academy delegates create their own vision and mission statements.
Our Spiritual Formation model
Helping you create a personal Rhythm of Life
At One Rock we take the view that to lead and live well means understanding not only our external environment but also our internal make-up, our unique personality as well as motivation, and mind-sets. We will look more deeply at our identity; who we are, and how we each connect with God in unique ways.
In Spiritual Formation we believe that transformation is possible and can be accessed though practical means. We enter conversations with Dallas Willard, Margaret Guenther, Richard Foster, Ruth Harley Burton, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Eugene Peterson, Walter Brueggemann and others.
Our Coaching model
Monthly Coaching Conversations
Ten coaching conversations over the course of the Academy year help you apply to your life and leadership all that you are learning. All our Academy coaches are experienced Christian leaders, and are trained and resourced for their role in supporting you over the Academy year.
The conversations are designed to:
- Help you put together your personal rhythm of life
- Discern and write your vision and mission statements
- Learn your unique leadership strengths, and plan how to manage around your weaknesses
Our community model
Joining a supportive network
Three different types of evening gatherings help to build a supportive community as you live out your vision:
- Peer Mentoring: Gatherings where people each come with a strategic question they are facing in their leadership. Others in the community then give advice on how they would move forward in that situation.
- Quads: Groups of four Academy delegates who gather four times over the year, and share their insights on Spiritual Formation, Discerning Vision, Leadership Skills and Global Mission.
- Alumni Evenings: Opportunities for current Academy delegates to join with the wider London Academy alumni, and become part of a movement of leaders all seeking to further the Kingdom of God.
Copies of the One Rock Remarkable Lives biographies, featuring stories and lessons on how John Wesley, Hudson Taylor, Amy Carmichael and William Wilberforce became such influential missionary leaders. These biographies supplement and ‘flesh out’ the training content.
A PEAKS personality profile, helping you understand how your unique personality impacts your spiritual formation and your leadership style. PEAKS is a 5-factor personality model based on the latest academic personality research, and developed by Research Communication in Singapore.
Our partnership with Lifeshape provides training and coaching input from Chick-fil-A, a privately owned US restaurant company with an annual turnover of c. $8 billion, run on biblical values, and with great resources to share in the areas of servant leadership and building high performance teams.
Out of previous Academies charities have been formed, churches planted, missional coffee shops opened, new youth events birthed, online ministries begun, residential discipleship centres set up and safe houses for trafficked women created.
Additionally, Academy alumni are also serving as overseas missionaries, as advisors to foreign heads of state, and with major responsibilities within the UK civil service.
The Academy is designed for busy people to fit around their work commitments. It requires x2 Fridays and x6 Saturdays as full days, plus some Sunday afternoons and weekday evenings. All training takes place at Central Hall Westminster. The full dates are:
Opening Week – Oct/Nov 2019
- 30th October – Wednesday evening
- 31st October – Thursday 9am – 9pm (inc. evening)
- 1st November – Friday 9am – 5pm
- 2nd November – Saturday 9am – 5pm
- 3rd November – Sunday 2pm – 5pm
One Day Workshops
- Saturday 07 Dec 2019, 9am – 5pm
- Saturday 08 Feb 2020, 9am – 5pm
- Saturday 04 April 2020, 9am – 5pm
- Saturday 06 June 2020, 9am – 5pm
Closing Week – July 2020
- 8th July – Wednesday evening
- 9th July – Thursday evening
- 10th July – Friday 9am – 5pm
- 11th July – Saturday 9am – 5pm
- 12th July – Sunday 2pm – 5pm
The total value of the London Academy package of resources is £5000. We are offering places for £895.
Great teaching… genuinely brilliant mentors… input from successful business people… networking with leaders in similar situations… an excellent course.
This has literally changed my life… This course equips not just with knowledge but also with the social capital you need. When you have a vision, you now have a team that can help you fulfil that vision, based on their various missions.
Definite game-changer. Life changing actually… The Academy shaped the foundation of our business, made us up our game and gave us the tools so that we now enjoy leadership.
I highly recommend the Academy to all! I think this is an excellent course and it’s for anyone who is hungry for right learning, training or growth. The leadership materials that are presented in this course are just so good, timeless and proven and it’s worth investing with your time and resources.
I’ve learned a LOT. Highlights were mentoring, which helped me grow, and peer learning with inspiring people my age.
If you are in a leadership position anywhere, and want to connect and learn from a variety of practitioners, One Rock has it all. Great community to be part of!