One Rock Institute
Equipping you to lead a remarkable story
Are you a missionary entrepreneur?
Running from January to December 2021, the One Rock Institute is for UK leaders who want to start up or scale up mission projects.
The Institute is ideal for church planters, social entrepreneurs, youth workers, business founders, charity developers, artists, political activists – people leading or pioneering Kingdom projects.
You will develop your leadership and team building skills, helping you lead others in achieving a God-given vision, whilst also deepening your spiritual life, maintaining energy, and not falling into burnout.
Out of previous Institutes charities have been formed, churches planted, missional coffee shops opened, new youth events birthed, online ministries begun, residential discipleship centres set up and safe houses for trafficked women created.
Three step sign up process:
- Email us to request a prospectus.
- Arrange a phone call so we can answer any of your questions.
- Register your place on the next course.
I highly recommend the Institute to all! This is an excellent course. The leadership materials that are presented are just so good, timeless and proven that it’s worth investing with your time and resources.
Great teaching… genuinely brilliant mentors… input from successful business people… networking with leaders in similar situations… an excellent course.
This has literally changed my life… This course equips not just with knowledge but also with the social capital you need. When you have a vision, you now have a team that can help you fulfil that vision, based on their various missions.
Nineteen online sessions of content, covering the best training available on spiritual formation, discerning vision and leadership skills. These concepts are then applied to the lives of Jesus, of biblical characters and of missionary leaders from history, to see how they lived them out.
Fifteen coaching conversations with an older and more experienced leader, helping you to apply to your life all the concepts you will learn. Our coaches are successful Christian leaders drawn from business, the church and the charity sectors.
Eight evening community gatherings over the year, providing encouragement, accountability, advice and prayer. Members can also join the wider London alumni community, and a global alumni of community of leaders from different cities around the world.
Is it for me?
Are you a Christian, aged 20-40, who wants your life to make an impact for the Kingdom? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you. We’re looking for missionary entrepreneurs – people who are not afraid to take a risk and pioneer something new in order to serve God.
The Institute is ideal for business owners, church planters, social entrepreneurs, youth workers, artists, political activists – for people leading or pioneering Kingdom ventures. If that’s you, then get in touch.
We’re also ideal for people who have an idea (or think they may have an idea) they want to put into practice, but who want more clarity on it, or don’t know where to start.
What commitment is required?
The sessions are planned to take place on Monday evenings, from 7pm – 8.45pm. You need to regularly set aside this time to join our online workshops. Dates are set out below.
In addition there are coaching calls, videos to watch and books to read – these can all be scheduled for when works for you. You should plan for an extra two hours per week for these calls, videos and books.
What will I get?
Over the year you will gain knowledge (of self, God and leadership) and strengthen relationships (with God, and with fellow pioneers). Specifically you will:
- Cover the best knowledge available in leadership, team dynamics, spiritual formation etc, taken from academia, business and the church. We’ve combed through the resources out there to bring you the best from leading thinkers and practitioners.
- Understand how your unique personality & strengths helps you best connect with God, points towards your calling, and reveals your leadership strengths and weaknesses.
- Learn from and be inspired by missionary entrepreneurs who have already lived this out and changed the world.
- Gain a deep relationship with a successful leader to help you grow, coaching you through how to implement all this in your own life.
- Develop deep relationships with like-minded pioneers to learn from and be inspired by.
- Join a course hosted by speakers with decades of experience who have taught all over the world, and are respected experts in their fields as authors, trainers and coaches.
How will this help me?
You will have three overall outcomes from the Institute year:
- A personal rhythm of life, helping you to grow towards health, energy and maturity in every dimension of your being, and ensuring you lead from the security of knowing who you are in Christ.
- A personal vision and mission profile, helping you know with clarity the direction God is calling you towards, and your own unique role in helping make those visions become reality.
- A personal leadership plan, built around your own inherent leadership strengths, and covering the key areas of strategy, communication, team dynamics, and coaching skills to others.
Going through this process will draw you closer to God, improve your leadership capacity, and so help you in fulfilling God’s vision for your life.
How are you different to other courses?
There’s a few things that we think make us unique compared to other courses and resources:
- We combine spiritual formation and leadership skills together in a way few others do. We cover not only what you do, but look at your character and who you are in Christ, to make what you do all the more effective.
- We’re not tied to a particular curriculum. We constantly scour the world for the best resources so we can bring them to you, wherever or whoever they are from.
- Our model of training plus coaching plus community has been proven to get results.
- We lead you through a specific process of developing a rhythm of life, discerning the vision(s) God has for you, and then helping you put together a detailed leadership plan to turn those visions into reality.
- We bring Christian leaders together from different spheres of society to learn together and learn from each other; church, charity, business, arts, politics, media, education, etc – all studying missional leadership together.
- Our Remarkable Lives biographies supplement and ‘flesh out’ the training content, featuring stories on how the greats of church history lived out these same principles and became such influential missionary leaders.
- You will receive a PEAKS personality profile, helping you understand how your unique personality impacts your spiritual formation and your leadership style. PEAKS is a 5-factor personality model based on the latest academic personality research, and developed by Research Communication in Singapore. Imagine the best of DISC and StrengthsFinder and you’re starting to get close…
The Institute is designed for busy people to fit around their work commitments. It requires attendance at 19 online sessions over the year, on Monday evenings 7pm – 8.45pm:
- 11 January 2021
- 18 January 2021
- 25 January 2021
- 01 February 2021
- 01 March 2021
- 08 March 2021
- 15 March 2021
- 03 May 2021
- 10 May 2021
- 17 May 2021
- 05 July 2021
- 12 July 2021
- 19 July 2021
- 06 September 2021
- 13 September 2021
- 20 September 2021
- 01 November 2021
- 08 November 2021
- 15 November 2021
The total value of the Institute package of resources is £5000. We are offering places for £895. You can pay either in one installment, in three, or in x10 monthly payments of £90 each.
Definite game-changer. Life changing actually… The Institute shaped the foundation of our business, made us up our game and gave us the tools so that we now enjoy leadership.
I’ve learned a LOT. Highlights were mentoring, which helped me grow, and peer learning with inspiring people my age.
If you are in a leadership position anywhere, and want to connect and learn from a variety of practitioners, One Rock has it all. Great community to be part of!